Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 9: Drama In All The Right Places

Tonite I began the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television's Professional Screenwriting Program. The program meets two nights a week for nine months, and is sure to be full of scary unknowns. And now that I know I'll be Paleo for at least the first three months of it, one of the unknowns I can add to that list is "What will I have for dinner?".

The classes begin around seven which is usually my dinner time.  Tonite I ate early so that I could get to UCLA early and find free parking, which I did.  As I strolled around the area of the building my first class would take place in I stumbled across a food court a mere twenty feet away. There's a cafe with espresso and pastries and several variations of the same diner themed fast food joints - you know, burger and fries or hot dogs and fries, (and to be exotic) tacos and nachos.  

Here's where Paleo comes in handy.  I don't want any of those foods, and because I've made a commitment, my brain won't even begin to tailspin into the drama of 'to eat or not to eat'.  I know me, and I know if I weren't on Paleo right now I would be typing this blogpost with a watery latte and a stale croissant by my side.  

And I'm not.  

And I'm happy.  

Gotta go - class is about to begin! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this writing program that you have been accepted into. I know your desire is to act, but I have always felt in addition to being a great actress, your writing is AMAZING! Now the juggling act begins...wife, work, paleo and school. You can do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Justine! A juggling act indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete