Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 27: Foodie Fridays!

If there's one thing I've learned about myself since the introduction of Foodie Fridays it's this: I eat out at least once every week, and I never have a camera on me when I need one... wait, is that two things?

Saturday: Potatoes, garlic and kale under an egg (pre-dousing of Tapatio)

Sunday: Steak with squash dressed in olive oil and mustard.  (I'm trying to avoid straight-up vinegar because of the sulfites).

Monday: Dinner at Backstage with the Roadrunners (my husband's softball team) after a fantastic victory! I had a steak salad with avocado.

Tuesday: You remember Tuesday.  It was the night my resolve went to shit and I ate everything I could possibly get my hands on at my sister-in-law's birthday party.  Worth it?  Kind of.  It wasn't all
delicious, but it sure was nice to break the rules.


Wednesday: Pork chop with apples sauteed in bacon fat, maple syrup and cinnamon.  Yes, it was a good as it sounds, that is, if it sounds good to you. Served with spinach and yam puree. 

Thursday: I went on strike from cooking.  Really, I wasn't that hungry.  So I enjoyed a latte made with decaf espresso, cinnamon, honey and protein-enriched unsweetened almond milk.  

Friday: Another night when cooking just didn't happen, but instead of skipping a meal I'm forcing myself to down two glasses (16 oz) of protein-enriched unsweetened almond milk.  At 5 grams of protein per serving, it's better than going to bed on an empty stomach, or worse, going to bed on a stomach filled with junk food.  That said, no lectures please.  I know I can do better.  And yes, mom, I know that almond milk is not an acceptable dinner.  
I promise to eat my veggies tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment