Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 20: Foodie Fridays!

Last Saturday I had dinner at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament.  I didn't take any pics because the food was nothin' to write home about.  Baked chicken, tomato broth and potatoes for Paleo me, and all of the above plus garlic bread, apple turnovers and beer for everyone else I was with. Sans utensils, of course.

Sunday: Sweet potato, leek and fennel hash with an egg on top.  DEE-LISH!

The money shot.
Monday: After watching my hubby play softball with his buddies, we all went out for drinks and dinner at a local bar.  The boys had beer and fried stuff. I had water and a burger patty over a salad.  I looked like a stereotypical chick from an outdated Rom-Com.  So embarrassing.

Tuesday: Success!  Brocollini and tilapia seasoned with chili, cumin and salt topped with Trader Joe's Papaya Mango Salsa.  Affordable, scrumptious and easy-peasy.

Wednesday: Turkey Bolognese over kale.  It filled me up, but was a total snoozefest.

Thursday: Adam's favorite: Chicken with this honey chipotle sauce (with honey instead of maple syrup) served with roasted asparagus.  YUM!

Tonite we're going to The Magic Castle.  I'm going to swallow my resentment and order an overpriced dish (that I can make at home) consisting of lean protein and vegetables, because I'm committed to this wild ride.  While my friends order cocktails and spoon feed each other garlic whipped mashed potatoes and creme brulee, I will bitterly down water and try not to choke on the ice.

Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment