Friday, October 5, 2012

Days 11,12 & 13: Sick, Sicker & Foodie Fridays!

On Wednesday I started to get sick, but I tried my best to convince myself it was seasonal allergies, even though the tickle in the back of my throat told me otherwise.  By Wednesday night around midnight it was official, so I've been home, sleeping and not blogging ever since.

Today however, I'm on the up-swing - just in time for Foodie Fridays!

Saturday: Organic Grass Fed Steak from the Santa Monica Co-Op ($6 - best deal in town!) with roasted asparagus and colorful carrots.  This meal cost about $10 a serving, and is a great alternative to eating out.  Good food, fancy feeling, no breaking the bank, no breaking the rules.

Sunday: Chicken coated with shredded coconut and ground almonds and mixed greens.

Monday: I was so hungry that I forgot to take a pic of this meal! Chili Roasted Shrimp on mixed greens with guacamole and salsa.

Tuesday: It happened again!  Only bites away from being done did I remember to grab the camera.  (It was) beef bolognese over butternut squash.  A fan favorite this time of year.  

Wednesday: Homemade beef and veggie chili with plantain chips and guacamole.
                       
Thursday: Too sick to eat, believe it or not.


Friday: My appetite is back.  Brussel sprouts with Paleo Chicken Paillard (chicken beaten flat and coated with coconut flour).  Next time I'll coat it with almond flour, I feel like it works better.  The recipe is from Nom Nom Paleo.

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment